Promoting sustainable mobility
Mexico City, through the expansion of its network of bicycle lanes, seeks to promote sustainable mobility. This initiative aims to encourage the use of bicycles as a mode of transport instead of the car, since the benefits are significant both on a personal and environmental level. Currently, there are more than 230 kilometers of cycle paths and with it, multiple advantages.
One of the main benefits is its ability to improve transportation accessibility for citizens. By connecting with the different systems of the Integrated Mobility network, including ECOBICI, people can plan their trips more efficiently and flexibly. Furthermore, by separating cyclists from vehicular traffic, cycle lanes offer greater safety, comfort and significant time savings when traveling by bike.
And the positive impact of cycle paths is not limited to mobility, as it also promotes an active lifestyle. By using the bicycle as a mode of transportation, people exercise both their body and mind, promoting a healthier life. And if every day more of us move by bike, we will have a cleaner and more sustainable city as a result.
It is important to remember that road safety is everyone’s responsibility, therefore, even when riding on bike lanes, consider the following:
- Always drive in the direction of the road, never in the opposite direction.
- Give way to the pedestrian, be friendly.
- Respect the traffic lights on primary roads, such as highways and avenues.
- When stopping at the traffic light, do so in the bike-motorcycle box, not on the pedestrian crossing.
- Always pass on the left.
If your speed is reduced, move to the right side of the lane.
- Be careful with the doors of parked cars, you can ring the bell to warn of your presence.
- Avoid using headphones and/or cell phones while pedaling.
- Ride carefully.
Learn in detail about the city’s bike path network here: CDMX Cycle Map and enjoy all the benefits that these routes offer. Let’s keep moving by bike and contribute to a healthier city and life!