A quick guide to move differently this 2023
Have you decided that this year you will move in ECOBICI, but you have no idea where to start? Don’t worry, we leave you a quick guide to everything you need to know to start this 2023 at ECOBICI.
This is how ECOBICI works
ECOBICI is the public bicycle system of Mexico City, a simple, fun and ecological mode of transport. When you register to the system, you have unlimited journeys of 45 minutes each, from Monday to Sunday, from 5:00 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. There are plans for a year, a week, three days or one day. And people aged 16 and over can subscribe, the membership is personal and non-transferable.
You have several options to obtain a membership:
1. From the website
- Click on the “Register” option.
- Fill out the form to create your account, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Choose a plan and add your payment method.
2. With the ECOBICI app
- In the option “Obtain a pass”, select the plan of your preference.
- Fill out the form to create your account and add your payment method.
3. At any of our Customer Service Centers
Open Monday to Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. You must bring your official identification and a payment method.
Start a trip
ECOBICI is ideal for journeys in combination with other modes of transport. When you start your trip, use the map in the app to find the nearest cycle station. Once in front of her, choose a bicycle, to free it there are three ways:
1. With MI Card – If you have your card linked to your account, you just have to approach it from the right side of the anchorage, in a few seconds the system reads it and releases the bike.
2. With QR Code – The ECOBICI have a QR code on the handlebars. With the app, in the “scan to unlock” option you can read that code and take the bike.
3. With the bike ID – On the rear tire of the ECOBICI there is a number, this is its ID, with it you can also release it. You only need to enter the app, in the “scan to unlock” option, select “Enter the bike ID”, enter the corresponding number and that’s it!
The end of the trip
At the end of your tour, you must return the bicycle to the nearest bicycle station. The return process is very easy and is as follows:
1. In an available port on the bike station, center the front triangle and push the bike in until you are sure it has entered correctly.
2. A green light will illuminate and an alert will sound indicating that the return was successful. If you activated the notifications of the app, one will inform you when your trip is closed.
3. Be careful, if a red light comes on, the bicycle has not been anchored correctly. Try again until you see the green light and confirm that the bike does not release.
Now you know everything you need to be part of the great ECOBICI community. Share this guide with whoever you want to ride with you!