The public bicycle service in the capital is constantly evolving and this year it has opted for modernization, the new anchoring system is an example of this.
For 12 years, the ECOBICI system has remained an ecological, fun and healthy alternative to travel in Mexico City. Today, the service is going through a modernization and with it improvements are presented that will favor the users, among them we have the new anchoring system, which seeks to facilitate the taking and returning of bicycles.
Get to know the new anchoring system
Surely you have noticed that the new cycle stations have a different design, on the totem you can find instructions on registering to the system and reference maps, but it is no longer necessary to approach it to release or return bicycles, now the anchoring ports are individual and each one has its own card reader; likewise, the pick-up and return process was made easier: the additional effort to lift the bike is no longer necessary.
How to take a bike?
The ECOBICI are ideal for journeys in combination with other modes of transport. To start your trip, you just have to go to any cycle station and choose the bike that you like the most. Once in front of it, you have three options to release it:
- With MI Card – Approaching your card to the right side of the anchor, it will take a few seconds for the system to read it and a green light will come on at the same time that the bike is released.
- With QR Code – All ECOBICI now have a QR code on the handlebars; Through the new ECOBICI app, by selecting the “scan to unlock” option, you can read that code; once done, the anchor will turn on a green light and you can take the bike.
- With the bike ID – On the rear tire of the ECOBICI there is a number, this is the bike ID and with it you can also release it. You only need to enter the app, in the “scan to unlock” option, select “Enter the bike ID” and place the corresponding number there.
How to return the bike?
All the routes with the new ECOBICI system are 45 minutes from Monday to Sunday; Once the journey is over, the bicycle must be returned to the nearest cycle station, the return process is as follows:
- In an available port, without lifting, the bicycle is pushed until the pins match.
- A green light will turn on and an alert will sound to indicate that the return was successful. By having the new ECOBICI app, you also receive a notification indicating that the trip was closed correctly.
- If a red light comes on, it will indicate that the bike was not anchored correctly, it is necessary to try again until you see the green light and confirm that the bike does not release.
Now that you know about the new anchoring system that ECOBICI has, remember that following the correct process to return a bicycle allows the service to continue working in a timely manner. The capital’s public bicycle system continues to work to provide a better experience for users, but it is everyone’s responsibility to give it proper use. Don’t forget to anchor your ECOBICI.